Discovery problem

G'day, just got a 97 V8i discovery on LPG.

Ive had it a couple of weeks and done around 1500Ks in it without issue, now I cannot run on LPG, the vapouriser is freezing up within a few minutes of starting.

The coolant level, both in the expansion tank and radiator is ok and in good order, there are no visible leaks.

The temp gauge is responding normally.

I suspected the thermostat but thought if it was open all the time the car would not warm up normally as indicated by the temp guage.

Finally.....the cap on the expansion tank is now hissing after a drive and leaked a bit when I put a bit much coolant in the tank, Ive had it on and off so many times Ive probably damaged the seal ?? (and there appears to be some kind of valve inside the cap)...not sure if this is normal

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Doug in Oz

On or around Sat, 12 May 2007 12:54:52 GMT, "Doug in Oz" enlightened us thusly:

check there's coolant in the vapouriser circuit.

also check that it's got anti-freeze in. Does the heater work?

Reply to
Austin Shackles