Eastnor

Apologies if there is already a thread running. Anyone going to Eastnor next weekend. I was going to gatecrash in the Pinknie but have blagged a pass as well now so will be bimbling down a motorway or 2 on Friday after work. Not sure if the pass allows driver plus one but there will be a spare seat or 2, warm clothing is advisable.

Reply to
wayne

On or around Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:02:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

Yes. I'll be on the Glass stand as will Edward II, come and join us for the barbie on Saturday. bring beer, and perhaps stuff to throw on the barbie, although there alweays seems to be more than enough chow at these events.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm leaving peterborough around 4:30ish in bURRt, so we may well pass each other on the way, depending on what you are leaving!

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Well if we do pass each other, there's a better chance that you will notice me before I notice you :)

I've learnt some rudimentary lip reading since I started driving the Pinkie about, "what the f***..." is actually quite easy to spot.

Austin, I'll load the smoke greande launchers up with beers and wine bottles in the 84mm anti tank containers. I'd like to do a variation on the current Bud advert where he has rubber flooring installed, launch some beers as I crawl past the barbie.

All the best

Reply to
wayne

don't forget thart burrt is a 101, so i have also got used to funny stares!

having said that, any one who turns up in the pouring rain in a pnikie does get lots of stares!!!

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:12:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

sounds good.

On Monday, I made a new longer drop plate for Edward II. Having glibly said I'd tow the caravan up there, it occurred to me that the hitch point on Edward was rather high even for the small trailer. Measured it, 22" off the deck. Measured the caravan... 16". Ooooops. That'd make the arse end of the van scrape on the floor.

The new drop plate has bolt holes for 22, 20, 18 and 16... and would also be crap for off-roading, but since I'm not planning on doing that, it'll be OK this time. I'll have to design the folding one I was thinking about which folds up out of the way when not in use...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Last minute decision to visit the show never having been before. Not staying on site, though might see you on the Glass stand Austin and Simon.

Neil

Neil

look forward to seeing you there!

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I've been offered a last minute pass, so am on the 101 club stand in the silver machine! :)

I gather we are next door to glass - so I'm gonna finally meet you Austin!. I shall look out for the famous tea-cosy!

Can anybody tell me where i can find LPG down the M5 and M6 between here (m6 J16) and there? I'm hoping i shall be able to source some mains at some point so i can charge the laptop enough to tune the gas kit some more on the way there and back..

Anybody else who is at eastnor, i'm the tall bloke in the silver 101 ambi. Come say hello!

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:49:11 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

Unfortunately, I think it's required here for the teapot.

Glass have a generator... I expect you could talk nicely to them. Are you a member?

Reply to
Austin Shackles