Ex Army Abulance

Looking to buy an ex service army landy for camper conversion; any ideas on likely suppliers? Any for sale here?

Many thanks

Rik

Reply to
Richard Baker

Leavesley have some usually, they're on the A38 at Alrewas near Litchfield. See

Also worth trying The Defender Centre (aka ACCV / exmod.co.uk). See

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

I have a 101 Ambulance here in Canada, but I think you'll find the shipping to be a bugger :)

My wife requires that I offer it.

Pete

Reply to
Peter

Which ambulance ?

127's can be got from a few dealers - Witham have the contract to dispose of them, nice vehicles but v8 powered , and fairly expensive still

101's - the best of course but you'll have to troll around for those but some dealers do have them in now and again, going up in value now

Series III - wouldn't like to go a long distance in one of these but they can make cheap campers

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton
101 ambi/camper on ebay - no connection just saw it was for sale

Rich Clafton

If you want rid of it for between the 1st and the 13th May then I'm wanting it ;)

(It would sure beat the "compact" hire car I was planning on gettting!)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Hmmm... could be an interesting ploy...

Pretend to sell it to William then SULK for a whole two weeks. She'll eventually agree that selling it was a mistake. William returns to say 'Hi' on his way home but expresses a few doubts. You offer to buy it back - presto - she'll never mention selling it again...

OTOH, she may well have spent the money by then...

Reply to
Mother

Shame about the interior... but NICE :)

Grumbles interior is by far much nicer...

Reply to
Scott snowling

I'd agree with that - so Tiggurrs (in my biased opinion anyway !)

On a camper conversion , the value is still in the base vehicle really IMHO, if the conversion is good then great but most will not suit the new buyer so they will rip it out and start again. On the other hand that ambi looks straight and if is in the sort of condition as described is up at a fair price for a 101

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

Mmmm... I'm glad I don't have 3 grand spare ATM, it could lead to marriage difficulties.

Reply to
David French

(blush) Thanks :-)

I think conversions are all pretty subjective though and as Rich says, so long as the vehicle is sound, the existing conversion can be changed a lot easier than starting from an original condition ambi.

Reply to
Mother

I've not actually met Tiggur, Heard all about him from a friend.

I was lucky enough to meet Grumble at the LRO show. Along with my uncle talking about his 101 Ambulances tyres. i've got some photos somewhere will try and find them.

Reply to
Scott snowling