Fairey overdrive oil level?

I checked the oil level in the Fairey o/d, with the dipstick bolt resting on top of the threads, the oil level is about 1/2" above the notch, is this OK?

Is the notch the minimum level or the normal level and would too much oil be a problem?

Reply to
John Halliwell

My overdrive has at least the same amount of oil in as yours, and has had for a long time now, got a bit cared away when I changed the oil. I have got a copy of the Manuel on a floppy disk somewhere ( I'll find it around hear somewhere) don't remember it saying anything other than fill to the mark kind of thing, I'll let you know more if I find it.

Reply to
Paul Warner