Door pillars & foot wells for MOT (UK)?

How significant are the door pillars and foot wells for a UK MOT?

Someone has had a look at my IIa 109 and suggested that the door pillars would probably pass an MOT (subject to cleaning up to remove jagged bits). They look in a bad way to me and this diagnosis comes as a surprise.

Again the passenger foor well has a hole in it, but can I just pop rivet a plate over it?

I've been assuming that both would need cutting out and new panels welded in place. Putting it back on the road would cost a lot less and would be much more plausible if I can leave those repairs for another time.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Reply to
John Halliwell

If you imagine a ball 300mm from the area of corrosion any item of suspension, brakes,steering,body mounting or seat belts etc fall within that ball it should fail this does not include any item mounted on the chassis

As long as it's secure it shouldn't be a problem although this is open to interpretation under general vehicle condition

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley