FFS Some folk!!

Bought a lower tailgate from eBay at a very reasonable £70 for my P38. The old ones OK, but the bottom has the usual rash. I thought a newer one painted up would be cool. First i find out after winning the thing it's got a reverse camera lense fitted. Not a major problem i thought. Get it filled or live with it & connect it up even!! It arrives today wrapped in a single sheet of bubble wrap!!!! You can imagine what state it's in!

Edges are bashed, a few dents & scrapes & to top it all, some f***er has stood on it!!! You can see the footprint on it.

The worst of it is the thing is mint along the bottom or any other edge ffs.

Gonna see my mate & hope he can save it./ I'm gonna neg the bollocks of the mong that sent a £500 body panel like that.

I only paid £70 for it & they do usually go for a lot more than that, but ffs!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Having done some nights at a couple of couriers I would venture that a reasonable packing requirement is "will it survive being thrown 10tf?".

It's not the people who work there's fault - one courier I did a couple of nights for was handling the despatch of a very well known brand of fine bone china and Fuchs Oils - there was only one cage for the "hub", and the oil came in after the china for loading........

There's an ever growing list of things couriers won't take, but the annoying thing is it is usually their handling techniques that's the problem rather than what the item is. Having said that, I think your sender was a tad optimstic!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

When buying on Ebay I always email and also add a note to the Paypal payment that I require the item to be packed well enough to survive a postal journey or I will return the item at the sellers cost. This has always worked - I've bought many fragile lots (like a case of 24 coffee cups etc) without damage. Never overstimate the intelligence of some Ebay sellers.

Reply to
Danny

Didn't alarm bells ring when it was going so cheap, I assume you didn't ask the seller any question(s) before you placed your bid as it was so cheap, what did you expect when their current feedback stands at 80%, this is before you neg the bollocks of the mong........

Reply to
Otto Mann

No, the 'mong' told me exactly what condition it was in anyway. It wwas mint before shipping & given the damage done you can easily tell there was nothing wrong before DHL got hold of the very poorly packaged item! At the end of the day it is actually saveable so my bodyshop man tells me!

So all in all it's a good deal as it costs next to nothing (they are £500 new!!) & they arent that common in good shape second hand.

You have to ask why the f*ck anyone would put a single bit of thin bubblewrap on something like that though!

I suppose you have to look at the actual cost against the fact it can be saved after all before 'negging the bollocks off the mong' lol!!

Reply to
Nige

Nige wrote: .

Quite likely he just didn't think - unless he's a trader how many folks actually shift 40kg packages cross country ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Thats another thing, it weighs about 10kg max!!

I thought it would be like a RRC one, not even close!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Bloody hell, I thought the same as you. Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor