Power Steering Fluid Leek pt2

I had a really good look over the box yesterday & it was covered in old fluid & shit, so I powerwashed it, so I could see where the leak was coming from. Overnight it didn't drip once! The only thing I can think of is the actual position of the steering ect as I moved the RR last night.

Is that likely or just luck?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

We probably all scared it :-)) Just like my blood tests, bloody veins run screaming and cannot be found so the dig and stir mechants have a field day !!

. Overnight it didn't drip once! The only thing I can think of is the

Reply to
Hirsty's

Nah - it's just empty

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Nope, checked it!

Really odd as the box is clean as a whistle with nothing dripping at all!

Now, the payback from this was the fact I took all the seats/carpets out to wash them & also have a look at the state of the floors etc. The drivers floor has a nice little hole in, its about 2 inches by 1 inches & the rest looks very clean indeed. Should plate up a treat & I'm gonna drop some rust inhibitor all over the place too.

So, there needs to be a few welds & some TLC, but she'll do for me for a few years good old off-roading!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

happen on ours..most cunning.

No matey, it was deffo PAS fluid, not oil. The bottom pullesy are cleaner than a Nuns knickers. Inj fact, the only oil leak I can see is the dizzy O ring & a slight weep on the sump at the back. Got the pressure washer on it last night & gave it a right good going over underneath & nowt fell off, so it cant be that bad!

hitting a Jacobs cracker with

it's not too bad really considering it's 15 years old!! The trim is bloody gimcrack at best though. The odd thing is - it smeels like the brand new Montego's I used to work on 20 years ago! I know what that smell is now, it's the foam backing on the mats & other things. It stinks!

Good one mate, nice to see someone bother to do it, many would have scrapped it!

it up I can always send it

This is the hard bit if you never had experience of spraying before. If you're worried about the finish get a pro to do it, you've made too good a job to f*ck it up with a shit paint job!

My kitchen is now covered in wet carpets & mats & the next one is the seat covers (all out now, might as well wash 'em! The wife's played bollocks, but It is my kitchen too! Doubt the neighbours saw the funny side of RR rear seats all over the drive as they got home from work.

If only LR had thought a bit more about positions & accessibility etc. It's a big car with all the bit that fail hidden!

I remember the first Montego Efi I worked on, it needed a new alternator & the feckin' engine had to come out ffs! I even remember pigging reg number! B733 OHD - how sad!

Nige

Nige

Reply to
Nige