Fifth Gear trashing a Discovery?

Just clicked over to watch a fillum and caught the last few seconds of Fifth Gear. I could have swore they were ramming a load of vehicles with a Discovery?

Reply to
wayne

|| Just clicked over to watch a fillum and caught the last few seconds || of Fifth Gear. I could have swore they were ramming a load of || vehicles with a Discovery? || -- || Wayne Davies - Mobile 07989 556213 - Harrogate, N.Yorks, UK

Yes, I saw it all. A Series II Disco, put through a series of "offensive driving" stunts, like the reverse J-turn (ending on 2 wheels, quite impressive), tipping another vehicle off the road, side-swiping a sniper nest etc. Stupid stuff, done without the panache and knowing wink-wink humour of the Top Gear "torch-a-caravan" type escapades. The Disco seemed to survive it all very well, mind. Lost headlights and wings driving between two saloons and biffing them both into the bushes, lost rear bumper reversing into a pursuing Sierra - but the Ford was absolutely *totalled*. Disco 10/10. Tiff and crew 1/10 for originality, mechanical sympathy and general GOOD TASTE. At least it wasn't a Rangie. One thought - when TV programmes muck about and wreck (apparently) good cars, they are usually cheap 'n' cheerful tarted-up MoT failures. This was a newish Disco, clearly fit and well - between 10 and 20K GBP of motor. What were they thinking of? And who paid?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

when's the repeat?

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn.....

They also battered a Freelander - I think the motors were ex-development hacks supplied by LR as they only cut them up after they are finished with them anyway. Looked like it was filmed at the solihull jungle track as well.

Reply to
Exit

It was the repeat - originally shown some months back!

Reply to
Father

if you looked closely the panels were replaced bewteen stunts and also a lot of the inside trim was missing. they were either write offs or development hacks.

Reply to
df8500i