Forged Postings

AFL seems so have been caught in the cross-fire of a deranged spammer (or at least anti-anti-spammer) attempting a denial-of-service attack on the newsgroup news.admin.net-abuse.email.

Some forged postings have been made - it is possible to delete them from Google groups if you don't want your name associated with them. You will need to set up an account with Google groups, at the e-mail address in the header, then search for the posting, click "more options" then "remove".

For more information, keywords to search for are "Moris", "Dippy" and "Hipcrime", thought there is an awful lot of chaff to wade through if you do.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

I like my forged posting!, its quite cultured sounding spam :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Alan J. Wylie wibbled

Alternatively get a less pikey server ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hehe, I used to do that until about 5 years ago when I switched to leafnode, have been thinking of switching back though. INN was always a PITA when trying to set up article fetching from an ISP rather than peering though (I used to run an ISPs peering INN server back in the late 90s). I've not looked at it in 5 years or so.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"suck" works for me and has plenty of header based filtering options.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Yes, that's what I used to use, although at the time I was using it, it could have problems with some types of server due to it requiring disabled NNTP features, I don't recall the detail now. After my last INN server died I stayed off usenet for a few years and when I came back I couldn't be arsed to go through the installation and configuration cycle so just emerged leafnode and it ran.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings