new exhaust dripping

Joint on new cats back dripping water when engine is running. The clamp has

2 bolts and washers on my disco 1. I tried to tighten it but it still drips the water. Is this bad it doesnt seem to be noisey . there is no hole in the muffler to let out condensation.Tia
Reply to
Peter

Sounds like the revenge of the quikcrap exhaust fitter, exhaust assembly paste will allow for a poor joint fit . It is a type of silica fireclay which hardens once hot giving a gas tight joint. Sometimes the leak just goes away so if it isn't bugging you leave it a bit and see. I don't recall any system having drain holes surely if they did they would not be gas tight and incur the wrath of the MOT inspector.

Derek Disco 200Tdi 'Kato' Disco300Tdi 'Miles '

Reply to
Derek