Gas Guzzling 4x4's.....

On a similar subject, has anyone heard of filling your tyres with Nitrogen? My local tyre place is offering it for free with new tyres if you bother to ask them. The poster on the wall seems to suggest a number of benefits - was going to ask them to do it (since it was free!) but forgot when they put my tyres on. Anyone tried it, or got any opinions?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Yes, Nige, U.S. Gallons.

Reply to
Jack

On or around Thu, 25 May 2006 15:36:00 +0100, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

which Pirellis? I had STs on a disco, gripped the road nicely but wore out fairly quick. however, they're not the most expensive, either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I reckon gas is the least thing we have to worry about, I was listening to Farming Today this morning and there was a Canadian geezer on there saying that the worlds emergency food reserves are only good for 57 days, and as time goes on that will get shorter with an increasing amount of land being given over to the production of things like ..... bioethanol.

Reply to
Larry

Ah, sorry, they're Scorpions. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Thu, 25 May 2006 22:11:53 +0100, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, which ones... ST, AT, MT?

makes a bit of difference. ST are 80% on-road, MT are 80% off. AT are

50-50.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Didn't know there were options available! They're AT's and I've pumped 'em up a bit as suggested, ride is better, handling better and steering lighter. Need to test the grip limits but that can wait.....

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

On or around Fri, 26 May 2006 22:49:40 +0100, "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

ST are nice road tyres and BiL swears by 'em on his classic rangie, reckons they're good offroad for up and down the muddy fields, I imagine in really thick mud they'd not be much good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles