Will it fit??

Got a classic '71' RR and I'm just about to drop in a 300tdi, I'd also like it auto and I just happen to have a 4 speed auto box sat on the workshop floor out of a RR 3.9i - what mods are needed to mate the two together?

Thanks

Lee

Reply to
Phantom

Lee:

In the US a company called Advanced Adapters will fab one up for you. Check them out. Otherwise check the local salvage yards. I'm sure LR made a 300tdi with an autobox. Good Luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Land Rover did it themselves in the mid 90s - 1994/5 and I've got one. Try the relevant parts book for bits.

They were also offering a conversion kit (don't know if the auto was covered) which may be worth investigating for content.

The chassis cross member designs are different between yours and something of that vintage - you may end up having to tweak in that area.

Reply to
Dougal