Height sensor-Changing of....

Further to my post on 10/12/07. After a few days of fault finding, prodding and generally making a nusicence of myself asking mechanics daft questions i think my problem is almost certainly the back right height sensor. I have comprehensivly checked the bags and pipes for leaks and found no leaks whatsoever. Since i releveled the car yesterday morning it has remained at the same height. But start to clean or even touch the height sensor and it will drop within a few hours. So i'm gonna change it on Saturday.

One garage told me i needed to plug it in to testbook to recalibrate and 2 others said they never bothered and have had no problems. Anyone done this job before??. All i plan to do is support the body so that it won't drop when i unplug the old sensor, fit new one and start car and and pray!!!.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Cock the wheel height with a block of wood exactly the same as the other side, make sure it can't auto level. Change it & see what happens. If it drops, it needs setting up, if it works ok, jobs a good 'un.

Reply to
Nige

A duff HS was the cause of my holiday breakdown in France this year. Very common fault, from what I hear. I think, from memory, the bill was for about 1.5 hours' labour, and I don't recall any mention of Testbook time in the list of charges. The mechanic I spoke to seemed to think it was a pretty simple job.

Reply to
Rich B

Cheers for the replys chaps. Its looks a fairly easy job, will give it a go Sat morning if i can get rid of this manflu thing i've picked up!!.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J