Help me choose?

I'm intending to buy either a Discovery (wife's choice) or a 110 poss County (my choice)soon. My first LR. £500 to £8000 to spend. What to look out for? "Normal" faults, particular problems. Need advice here chaps,,,,,,,,,,, TIA IanW

Reply to
Ian Wright

Have a look at the news groups FAQ

at What should I look for when buying a Discovery?

How many kids? Dogs? Caravan? Who'll drive it most?

Reply to
Nikki

This question gets asked so many times on this NG! Time for an automated reply, methinks!

Your budget will get you a Discovery up to about N reg or a 110 up to about the same, but they will probably be high mileage.

Don't discount the idea of buying a brand new Discovery at current finance deal rates - it can work out at about the same cost when you think of possible service/parts costs for the older vehicles, depending on what goes wrong with them! With your budget this *might* be better.

Reply to
Llandrovers!