Landrover Carnage

AAHHH, Bl**dy Hollywood..

I watched 2 films this evening, Exit Wounds with Steven (wife beater) Segal, and Ace Venture 2 (Which reminded me why I stopped watching Jim Carey movies.)

In the first film, a late RR classic was shot to bits, then crashed into the back of a skip or large vehicle.

Then.. Now I watched this Ace Ventura film ages ago, before I sort of became a real Landy maniac, and didn't batt an eyelid, but they trashed at LEAST 1 VERY tidy Series 2 (probably more, you know what film companies are like for retakes.. blow the bl**dy doors off and all that), by rolling it all over the place, then drove a farging yank bigfoot thing right over the back of a Series 3 pickup.

I thought Yanks coveted Landys... Maybe they thought it'd shock everyone because they are so expensive and rare out there, rather than p*ssing off the enthusiast's.

And the reminder about watching Carey movies had nowt to do with Landrovers, it just reminded me that he is a complete plank, and not in the slightest funny, and just makes me cringe.

Reply to
ParrotCam

Someone posted on here just after the Carey film was released, pointing out that the vehicles that were "blown up" were mostly props - i.e. made from cardboard and scrap parts nailed together (sounds farmiliar?).

I've not seem the whole film, but the gag near the beginning where we see them being bounced round the cab and the camera pulls back to show them on a perfectly flat tarmac road must indicate that someone involved knows Land Rovers pretty well!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Have you seen the Grinch?

Reply to
Nikki

In bad boys 2 they destroy a series3. It has a nice 101 in too... While watching it I was getting really worried that was going to get blown up too!. It didnt though :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

If you guys get upset about that read on........

A mate had some business at Landrover Lode Lane and three Defenders (brand newish) were sat near the security place and were waiting to be picked up to go to be

CRUSHED

They'd been used for testing and would not be sold for fear of breaking down and getting LR a bad name.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Whassat???

What is 'bad boys 2'? Is it a new film? (I don't go to the flix as much as I used to, after they put the ticket price up to over 6d on a Staurday afternoon...)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

This is fairly common, however, after 'serious' testing most will be totally stripped, then the individual parts retested. I saw a short clip of a new Discovery being cut up in an exercise involving the Fire Service a few months ago - that was sad :-(

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Yeah, its a new film. The 101 is in it for maybe 2 or 3 mins on and off.

Bad news!.. I just watched that bit of the film again to refresh my memory, and the 101 does get blown up!. The bastards! :(

It was so quick that i didnt notice it the first time. Hardly worth blowing it up infact. :(

It had a red 101GS in. Ideal for transporting coffins apparently.

poor 101 :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

By way of redemption, though... According to

Carey owns a series III 88", which makes him ok in my book :-) Andrew (who also has not one, but two SIII 88"s)

Reply to
Andrew Harton

£5.50 to go to the pictures these days - no wonder people stay at home and watch Front Row!!!!!

Gaynor

Reply to
Gaynor

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

Blummie! Could have brought Dorset for that when I was a kid!

I remember the days when you could.... erm, maybe not! :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Does sound familiar, you mean a real Land Rover!

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Not been to flix much - gather new Tomb Raider uses a J**p - what happened there........?

Reply to
pl.white