I don't believe it!!!

The latest copy of the CSMA's Motoring magazine arrived yesterday and I read with great interest the article concerning Land Rover's new G4 Disco and Defender. The correspondent concerned was taken to a Land Rover test ground in Spain along with several other journalists, to try out these machines over a two day period. The writer was very impressed and had a great time. When he showed just how pleased he had been with his own performance the LR expert pointed out how these vehicles made anyone's driving look good. Feeling somewhat deflated, he seems to have taken his revenge by entitling the article: JEEP THRILLS!

Aaaarrggghhhh!!!!!

Regards Martyn Cottrell

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell

I've just returned from the Heritage Motor Centre (101 club AGM).

Whilst cleaning the air outside with ex-nicotine I was watching a large number of Police motorcyclists (they go there for their lunch in the very good cafe) chatting about some of our members vehicles in the car park.

One commented on how all Land Rovers were still made 'just up the road', another commented on how they retain their sense of timeless style, another was musing over what fuel consumption a 'jeep' like that must have... He was rather quickly educated in the current politically correct term for our SUVs and went away a little richer for the newfound knowledge :-)

By the way, if anyone here who knows any of the Warwickshire m/c plod, can you put the word around that I'll hold one of them to their promise to join our club and get himself a 101 if he passes his Sgt exam in a few months :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Martyn Cottrell) growled:

To be fair to the writer my understanding is that titles of articles are the responsibility of the subs, not the authors.

Reply to
Paul Oldham

Well I have had a go at the BBC program "Holiday" in the past for using the word Jeep when talking of a 4x4 safari using Defenders or Series vehicles. I suggested Jeep is not a generic word for 4x4's like Hoover is with upright vacuum cleaners and asked them if they were afraid to use the name of a British built product. Noticed since that they say 4x4 or all wheel drive so they took my (our?) comments to heart but obviously are still afraid to use that LR word.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Then the Sub editor will be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes!!!

Martyn Cottrell

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell