Re: Make room at the bar!

Right, too silly, stop that...

> > >Hobbs, put that filler hose on... > > >Davies (Lee) get those carbs sorted PDQ... > > >Davies (Wayne) clean up that mess, stinks like meths... > > >and Nikki... > > > > >... put the kettle on :-) > > > >Everyone else, carry on as "normal" > >Yes, I've had the odd 'lurk', couldn't stop myself could I? >...and I really have to say... > > >Thank you :-) >

Welcome home :-))

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

But I'm Scottish! Welcome back anyway, Martyn.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Never mind! ;-)

Reply to
Exit

Aye, me too! Mine's a Bell's.

Reply to
Harry Haynes

Have Scotland annexed Bristol, or invaded South Wales?

Do you write books? The name seems to ring a bell...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Ach you either believe me or you don't.

I've been reading through quite a number of postings made around here during the time I was away, and can see that you don't get on with Mr. Luckwill. However, as my eldest daughter is married to a policeman, I asked him to take a look at some of the postings and your website about Luckwill (at least I presume it is yours as the server traces back to you :-)) His reaction was one of caution - in his view you are almost certainly breaking two laws, one being harassment the other being incitement to violence. Both of which can carry criminal proceedings.

In this day and age, if Mr Luckwill were to make an official complaint to the Police, then according to my son in law you would almost certainly end up with a criminal record yourself. Harassment is not taken lightly these days and his advice is to give it a rest. At least quit mentioning it here, for starts.

The same goes for anyone who were to draw attention to the site about Mr Luckwill - you too could be had for harassment, so I'd be careful. I'd simply ignore both him and the whole issue. You could be seen as to be taking the law into your own hands, which is a somewhat sticky area to be messed up in.

FWIW I can see the temptation to publish/run such a website, especially if there is any evidence that Luckwill had been directly fiddling with any children of any posters here. But there are laws of the land(s), and people should stick to them and perhaps let the Police take care of such matters regarding care of the offender(s) in public society and at the same time taking the wider views of the community into consideration. If any of you feel the need to make any complaints about anyone you should go to the police rather than publish a website about it.

The other thing my son in law reckoned about the issue was that the existence of such a site actually hinders their supervision of an offender such as Luckwill, as it may contain untrue and unfounded comment from people who's duty it is not to be making such comment. It would also place untold pressure on the person(s) it is directed at, for the same reasons. Now whereas I personally dislike any offenders, with sex offenders being close to the top of my list, at the same time people like Luckwill are none the less entitled to a life and some degree of protection from others. With the existence of that site about Luckwill it would be virtually impossible for him to obtain any form of future employment, for example. To which you may say "So?" but what would you prefer, Luckwill to be out on the streets doing nothing because he can't or Luckwill being gainfully employed somewhere off the streets and being kept quiet? If, as he reckons, he is writing a book, then so be it - I'd rather see him doing something useful and if his talents include writing (which is quite a difficult thing to master) then let's encourage him to make something of his life, especially if he is in fact, a disability sufferer. It appears to me that in some recent postings Luckwill has in fact admitted doing wrong and has said he wishes to correct things so that nothing happens again. I would hold him to that and see how things go.

Lets look at it from the other side of the coin. If I were in Luckwill's position I'd be pretty annoyed about that site and it's author, and my first reactions would probably be of revenge of some sort, a feeling which would undoubtedly continue until such a site had vanished. Which would only lead to continued animosity which I can see people are getting fed up of here. Which in turn ruins the newsgroup for everyone. Which leads to departures and will eventually ruin the whole Land Rover movement as word spreads. As far as I can see, Luckwill is likely to make noise and complaints about the website to whomever he sees fit until such time as it disappears for good. And as his noises get passed around it is likely they will get adjusted and beefed up to the extent that no-one knows the truth anymore, and then we all lose out.

Finally, I've done a Google newsgroup search with both "Luckwill" and "Martyn Bailey" today, and to be perfectly honest any newcomer would find it extremely difficult to place any form of trust in either of those people having read through the comments that have been archived over the course of this year. Which means anyone researching either party would have serious concerns about both of them. As you, Martyn, appear to be involved in the world of computing/ISP/Internet etc., it strikes me as though you are rather shooting yourself in the foot by having anything whatsoever to do with Luckwill at all. It may well come back to haunt you for the rest of your days on this Earth. If I were in your shoes, I'd be seriously considering my position in relation to all of this mess, and I'd be quitting, fast.

Reply to
Harry Haynes

reads like confirmation to me

-- Check the Tony "Llandrovers!" Luckwill (convicted paedophile) web archive at

SITE UPDATED - join in, help, protect, make £1,000

Reply to
sluff

Come on, this is getting ridiculous. This is so obviously you Tony that it's not even worth bothering. It even makes me wonder whether you may have been telling the truth sometimes in the past, because you're a totally awful liar.

David

Reply to
David French

in article BBBC8246.1EB23% snipped-for-privacy@nopsam.thanks.uk, Harry Haynes at snipped-for-privacy@nopsam.thanks.uk wrote on 22/10/03 18:51:

Ditto, I'll have a Grouse.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Putting on a fake Scottish accent and a false ginger beard ain't fooling anyone you know.

Next, you'll be talking in a high pitched voice and calling yourself "Harriet" !

Dave W.

Reply to
Dave White

On or around Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:11:46 +0100, Rory Manton enlightened us thusly:

Mind, I ain't scottish. But if anyone has the Laphroaig handy...

got an unfortunately expensive taste in whisky, me.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll juat make do with a nice pint of Black Sheep Special!

Reply to
Chris Naylor

But I haven't got even got ginger hair or a beard...

Is this the gratitude I receive for finding you a whole load of V8's?

You Yorkshiremen - blimey! (only joking!)

Reply to
Harry Haynes

Perhaps you would like to tell us whereabouts you hail from, then?

Aberdeenshire covers quite a large area.

You were snowed in the other day as well, weren't you?

Hmm.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Glad you're back. Did it make you cry?

Reply to
Nikki

Excuse me, we're not all fat thank you very much. Short but not fat.

Reply to
Nikki