Iceland Recce via public transport, how secure?

Because of the exhorbitant costs involved in getting a vehicle to Iceland, I decided yesterday to take a trip over by air to look at alternative ways off getting off road. No problem there, as Iceland Express will get you there for £108 return making it £324 for three. The only snag is that travelling by rail to Stansted costs almost as much as a one way trip to Iceland and twice as much as a Ryanair ticket to the Pyrennees.

It actually works out cheaper to drive down and park at the airport, but I'm a bit wary about leaving a fully loaded 110, ready to go off when I return, in an airport car park. Does anyone know how secure these places really are, especially Stansted? Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

On or around Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:14:31 +0100, "John Stokes" enlightened us thusly:

most airports have secure parking places nearby, costs you more, but gains you peace of mind.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

When I used to regularly fly from Heathrow I used Pink Elephant parking, as per most IBM'ers and got friendly with the staff, who told me that they had suffered two vehicle breakins and no vehicle thefts in the few years the car park had been open. There are even more secure parks, but as Austin said, they will cost a little more. I would be worried that your fully loaded LR may be a tempting target though.

Reply to
danny