Kenlowe

I occasionally blow the fuse to the twin kenlowes on my 110 V8. The plastic surround usually starts to melt first & it may take a while before it finally goes. The fuse is rated at 30 amps. Is it just that I need to uprate it or should I be looking for an electrical fault?

Many thanks in advance,

Kevin Woodward

Reply to
Kevin W

Kevin W composed the following;:

Sounds like you need to uprate the wiring, check and make sound all connections, especially earth, before uprating the fuse.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Quite bigger fuse might not blow and just sit there getting hot an eventually set the wiring a light...

What are the Kenlowes rated at? Might be better to fuse them individually with a smaller fuse but make sure that any shared wiring can handle to the total load.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or fit a viscous fan that only drives up when it needs to, that draws no more power from the engine than the required electrical loadings of electric fans, and is 100% more foolproof with less reliance on wiring and sensors. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

They all do that sir.

I replaced mine on a yearly basis.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

You need to check the rating of the fans. I have twin electric on my 90 V8, I'll have a look later at what size fuses I have. What sort of fuse holder are you using? Not one of the type that normally used for radios with a glass fuse in is it? Richard

Reply to
Richard

On or around Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:25:37 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

can still go wrong though; although one half of the likely failures just leaves you with a noisy fan and no worse off thana fixed one. I got put off electric ones when the motor failed on the 110 on a hot day, leaving me with no forced draught cooling at all. Put a fixed engine-driven one on it after that.

I have however seen quite a number of viscous ones that don't release properly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sounds like a overloading to me! I ran each fan seperately on my mates 110 V8 with kenlowes, if i remember correctly they take approx 15amps each anyway so your right on the border with your fuse. Use a 30amp relay for each fan and protect with a 20amp fuse supplied directly from your batt.

If you contact kanlowe they will send you the wiring diagrams and spec if you require them.

Mark

Reply to
Jinx

"Badger" wrote in reply to ...

And where pray can I get a viscous fan?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:39:55 -0000, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

They're fitted as standard to most of the LR products, dunno about very recent ones. If it's been removed, you'll need the fan, viscous hub and maybe the bit for the front of the water pump, depending on what engine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They're blade fuses.

Kevin.

Reply to
Kevin W

My twin Kenlowes on the 88 RRC EFi auto are each fused at 20 Amps. The fuse wire is a little 'buckled' but neither fuse has failed in 5 years yet).

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard