Knowledge about ENV-Type axles?

Hello,

can anybody confirm that the UJ´s in the front axles of a Rover type axle and an ENV-type one are identical? I am not completely sure because my IIa parts book calls the ENV-axles as no longer serviced, so I am not sure if the drawings and part numbers really show ENV-axles or their successors, the rover or salisbury axles.

I need to know because I want to convert my IIb to permanent four wheel drive and, if identical, could buy the UJ to CV conversion sold by TIC.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

I'll check for you in the next few days with a Forward Control Register member. I used to be a member myself until I sold my 2A. The address for the register (my site, no longer updated) is below

They would definitely know. There isn't much they don't know, as far as FC's are concerned. ;-)

Reply to
PDannyD

Owning one and therefore having a lots of the "no longer serviced" parts I am willing to believe this blindly ;-)

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner

I checked. The answer is 'Nope. The shafts are different.'

Reply to
PDannyD

Yes! :-)

Yes! :-(

Shit. Do they have any idea how to convert the axles to CV´s? I would have liked it to use them, because they are really rigid because of the reinforcements.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner