landrover defender mirrors

I would like to know where i can obtain the extended side mirrors like the Austalain Army as on its 6x6 Landrover defenders in Australia.

Reply to
Tony

On or around 18 Nov 2003 21:55:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au (Tony) enlightened us thusly:

I think the LDV 400 use the larger mirror, and a longer arm. Not sure, I'll try and look at the minibus which does the same school I do.

If so, you can fit either the complete mirror with the large head, or the arm and put your small head on it.

anyone have a contact for the lot who were doing heated mirror glasses for the defender mirrors, BTW? 's that time of year again...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Also as used on Wolf's, and are availble through the normal spares sources.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

On or around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:40:29 +0000, richard.watson enlightened us thusly:

someone had a link to 'em. looked a good buy at about 20 quid -odd.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You should be able to get a heater element from any truck parts suppliers, they just stick onto the back of the glass.

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:47:22 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. I tend to think the glass comes with the heater already attached, but it's worth a thought. ISTR the heated kit which was available last time I looked was about 20 quid though, so not excessive, for a pair.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

On a similar theme, can some kind person tell me how to adjust wing mirrors on a D90 97?

I know they move around but it is only to the next "click". I want to adjust them to stay in between "clicks"!

The door pillar obscures half the left hand mirror and it is beginning to get to me.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

You cant, unfortunately. The arm positions are fixed by the clicks.

Reply to
richard.watson

richard.watson wrote in news:24fe59544c% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com:

Ye gods! If I'd known that I would have been a bit more careful in the choice of my parents to make sure I turned out a standard (Land Rover) size and shape!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:42:08 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

the large head mirrors use the same arm.

I'm sure I've seen longer arms for those mirrors though, perhaps they're on luton-body variants?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I don't recall seeing any wires to the mirrors Richard, or a switch.

Reg

Reply to
Reg

I don't recall seeing any wires to the mirrors Richard, or a switch.

Reg

Reply to
Reg

"Austin Shackles" wrote

The Wolf with it's spare wheel on the near side (or both with 2 spares) has an extended arm.

Reg.

Reply to
Reg

The original post was for long mirror arms - no switch or wires required!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

On or around Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:46:38 -0000, "Reg" enlightened us thusly:

knew I'd seen 'em somewhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles