Landrover Insurers; who is best/cheapest?

Hi,

I'm hoping to buy a SeriesII/III landrover shortly, and once I've found the right vehicle, will obviously need to arrange insurance.

Could anyone advise me which insurers are good for limited mileage policies for the 'older' landrover; thanks.

Peter Moreton

Reply to
Peter Moreton

Buy a landrover mag, and go through all the insurers advertising in the back of it. They all do limited mileage and classic policies, and will know what a landrover is. If you want to go surfing to find all the phone numbers, youre after Adrian Flux, Sureterm, Peter Best, Firebond, Footman James and Lancaster to name some of 'em from memory.

Reply to
Tom Woods

While not limited mileage, NFU Mutual are also worth checking.

Reply to
David G. Bell

I'd highly reccomend CIS - far cheaper than anyone else I've tried and no restrictions like limited mileage etc.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Warner

mfu ok, but found land rover themselfs to be both cheaper and a better level of cover

MSM is very good as well, use them for kitcar and i have found them to be very good and helpfull - especially after a spin on diesel and exiting a hedge backwards. . .

ouch!!

Blue skies, Pat

Reply to
Pat

I know that you have a different vehicle but the following may be of use:

Just been through this loop for a 1988 Range Rover Vogue EFi SE modified by the addition of cruise control, Warwick Banks handling kit and Rimmer stainless steel (performance!) exhaust. Alarm. Parked on drive. TN14 postcode 2 x 40 year old drivers. SDP inc commutting. 10,000 miles pa. 5 years protected NCD.

[1] Landrover: quote line 0800 072 4450 8am - 8pm mon to fri 8am - 4pm saturday. They are actually an agent for Royal Sun Alliance. £650 [2] More Than can't remember the number. Wholly owned by Royal Sun Alliance. £360 [3] AA still thinking about it. [4] Norwich Union Direct. Initially £464 for renewal but dropped to £323 when told about [2]

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

On or around Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:44:14 +0000 (GMT), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

all our insurance is with NFU.

currently costs me about 25 quid a month for fully comp plus protected bonus on the 110, and that includes a 25% loading for use (carriage of schoolchildren).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Richard Savage writes

They definitely did not make me happy - when I tried them with my Disco TDi 200 they said the alarms were crap and wouldn't consider the car at all!

Reply to
John Bradbury