leting in the rain

Hello All

I have a s3 I have changed the door rubers and the windscreen ruber and still it lets in the rain any one got any ideas sensible ones please

charlie

Reply to
charlie

Hi Charlie

Reply to
David Bexhall

Mine lets in rain too! At one stage of its life it had an aerial or something involving a hole drilled through the roof right at the front of the hard top. The rain trickles in and gathers inside the vehicle in the 'gully' aroundthe top of the side panels, where they meet the roof. Often when I set off there's a great sloshing noise resulting in water all over the back/luggage/passengers!. Any hole in the roof might be the cause of this.

Olly R

109 Stage 1 V8
Reply to
Olly R

Well the series 3 lets in water, so does the Range Rover and the Discovery. Decided that it wouldn't be a Land Rover if it didn't leak somewhere.

Reply to
Nikki

mine usually leaks oil -

think its just marking its territory

;-)

Reply to
Pat

Theres no point in making mine weatherproof, it would hardly be worth it. she starts, she runs, she goes places, what more should I want (no don't anyone dare say economy) ?

Reply to
Larry

Adds character to the drive!

Reply to
Nikki

Where is it letting in rain? If its the door top try bending the top in a bit, gently! What I had to do with my 90 was to make sure its bone dry the I put a small bead of clear silicone on the door lip where it leaked, let it dry completely before closing the door. Its worked for over a year now. Richard

Reply to
Richard

the best way i made my first S3 waterproof was to take off the hard top and fit a canvas roof , sounds odd , but it worked great , also seemed to make it quieter due to the lack of the metal sides and roof acting like a big drum. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

or in my case the road outside the house. :)

Had a leak in the front diff pan for a while which caused a large amount of oil to drip in several places over the road - smelled quite bad as well. I've found that a touch of Daz powder and a quick pressure wash gets rid of most of it. :)

Cheers, Aled.

Reply to
Aled Treharne

Got gravel on our so occassionally we just get a sweeping brush and mix it up with some of the less oil saturated bits. Blends in really well.

Reply to
Nikki

I think the 'gully' might be the source of our problems as well. It always fills with water when it rains, and deposits it over the driver and passenger under heavy breaking. On close inspection, I found that many of the rivets that hold roof to walls had come loose.

There is what looks like old sacking between the roof and walls, and walls and pickup sides. One warm day I might replace this all with rubber or silicone. Anybody tried this?

David

Reply to
DavidM