Lift pump on 300 Tdi

Guys,

I've got an oil leak on a 94 300 Tdi Disco. After cleaning off the messy area I've narrowed it down to the lift pump area and is dripping off the lift pump handle even.

So is it possible for oil to get that far back into the pump and leak from the top dome area? Is this common? The car broke down at the raodside with the wife 3 months ago and the attending AA man found that the lift pump had come loose and was hanging off. I'm wondering if the gasket went west at the time, or even if it went back on and that hasn't helped.

Thanks for any advice.

kezoe

Yes that is a possibility they do tend to spring oil leakes every now and then i have had to change a few from time to time on customers cars

prob your best option would be to remove it and chq the gasket and may be replace it with a new pump and gasket.

regards bell

Reply to
bellautos