It's all gone dark.....

So there i am trying to sort out a small water leak on the RRC (Note to self: Do up all hose clips tight when changing hoses) head buried under the bonnet, when it all goes dark and something is resting across my back.

Fight my way free and discover that the soundproofing stuff on the bonnet has disintergrated and fallen off. After much swearing i managed to get it back in place...well sort of anyway. It looks like it's shrunk and is flopping all over the place.

My questions are: Do i really need it?. Will removing it cause any heat damage (bubbles) to the bonnet paint work??. Also thinking if it falls off with bonnet shut and engine running it could catch fire, or am panicing again......

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

On or around Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:00:27 +0100, "Dom J" enlightened us thusly:

sorry, but I found this hilarious.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mine fell off ages ago!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

It would be better off removed than it left on and the chance of it falling in to the fan belts

Reply to
bellautos

Is there a difference in noise level? (That would annoy me). If not leave it off.

Reply to
kezoe

I did have a little chuckle to myself, after i had managed to get the thing to fit and found myself covered in black oily powder!!.

I'll rip the whole thing out tommorow afternoon.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

There should not be that much diference in noise

Reply to
bellautos

Adding the underbonnet bits of soundproofing that came with my kit for my 2A made absolutely no audible difference to the amount of engine noise! It was shiny reflective stuff though and it made a difference to how warm my bonnet got on top! (There was still ice/frost on it after i drove to work wheras it would melt pretty quicly before)

Reply to
Tom Woods

You're havin a laugh!!!! There ain't no bleedin paint on it anyway!! (And you want it to catch fire so as you can defect to the Disco owners club)

Reply to
pete_turier