Location of ABS sensors on V8 Discovery

Where are the ABS sensors located on a 96 V8 Disco ??

What do they look like?

My ABS light is coming on sometimes while driving, I'm hoping it's a dirty sensor.

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

Just a guess but try the wheels!

Oh yes watch out for those steep kerbs in the supermarket car park - you may need low ratio!

A 4 x 4 in urban England why? Status symbol or compensation for lack of something in the trouser dept?

Reply to
Ian

Try Wales in the country - PRICK!!!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Another twit - and afraid to show his email address.

Some of us drive a 4WD in urban areas because we also go 4WDing and we can't afford multiple cars. Also, I can't bend wvery well to get into a small car. The higher seating of the Range Rover makes it easy for me.

In answer to the original question, the sensors are in the hubs. They may just need pushing back in.

Ron

Reply to
p38arover

that's somewhat helpful..

My land rover (when I had it and it's replacement when I get it) can be seen on the supermarket car park once a week, and your point is?

anyway... ABS..

I don't know about the disco but they are usually on the hubs behind the brake disk, should be easy to spot once you have the wheel off as they have a wire running to them.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Or not, if the warning light is on.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

lol, indeed yes. a mucky sensor is usually the culprit, it's magnetic and seems to attract certain kinds of dirt (with metal in I assume). A bugger to remove, a doddle to clean. and yea, check the wire is connected at both ends heheheh

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

In message , StaffBull writes

As mentioned the rears are behind the disc and use a pick up ring bolted to the inside of the disc.

The fronts use a pick up ring on the CVJ and can be found pointing down through he middle of the upper swivel pin..

Easy way to find then is follow the wiring !!!! it is the ONLY electrical connection to the hub.

To reset the gap for the sensor you simply tap the sensor in until it stops against the pick up ring and then the movement of the ring will push it back enough.

Unplug all the plugs that will be clipped to the chassis. Clean and plug back in again.

It is often very hard to get any diagnostic system to talk to the ABS ECU on your model. Even Testbook has trouble.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Thanks guy's (for the sensible answers)

Steve