Lots of new photos

Diepenbeek Belgium

?album=51 Just a bit of playing 18/03/2006 and look out for the ruts I cleared on all terrains and the test of the 110 breakover angle...
?album=58 Dondiego Belgium
And another new user and his pics

Nodric

Nodric uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Personally this is getting a little tiresom now. If you post here with some content then just bung a plug on the end of your signature. Otherwise I'd guess those who have a picture fettish will already have you bookmarked.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Didn't realise I was becoming such a pain in the arse... I guess the 25000 hits in the last 2 months means a lot of people might like the updates.

You didn't have to read my posts just as I don't read every post in the newsgroup.

Anyway you won't see me here again!

Reply to
Nodric

Even those with a picture fetish and bookmark still find it useful to know when the pictures have been updated. I don't see the occasional post by nodric causing any harm.

Regards,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Gibbs

Keep posting the links - if I can't be rsed to look I won't.

Reply to
Landylover

Please stay! Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

On or around Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:33:58 +0000, Dave Gibbs enlightened us thusly:

He could just post a brief thing saying "new pictures on website".

Or, as Lee says, he could post with some sort of other content and add a line on the sig advertising his website.

it is bordering on spamming.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What's wrong with spamming in a newsgroup? On a forum that might be acceptable feedback - but in here?!!

Reply to
Landylover

Just ignore them, it's no hardship to skip your posts. I've had a few looks so far. You've posted far less of these than I've seen in moans, the mean-sprited lot!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around 21 Mar 2006 03:45:29 -0800, "Landylover" enlightened us thusly:

it upsets the locals.

spamming is spamming wherever. I've been finding it mildly irritating.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:16:36 +0100, "Nodric" enlightened us thusly:

There is a way round this: keep the subject line the same, then the messages will appear in the same thread and/or can easily be filtered by those that don't wish to see them.

summat like "new pictures on best 4x4xfar forum" might do, say.

then people who want to see can easily find it and people who don't can easily ignore.

Up to you, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Guys/Girls,

I am a middle age bloke who bought a new Defender in December and thought hey I'll set up a blog to chart the life of it. A bit like a virtual scrap book or the box of papers we all keep for the day we might sell the car.

I was just in the right place at the right time when I managed to grab the best4x4..... domain name. Seems some ATV Quad seller in the US had gone bust. So instead of some boring blog of ballcocks I thought I'd set up something for the enthusiast community out there. Oh my blog is there and I think if anyone reads some of the postings they are quite fun and interesting but nevertheless who cares what I or anyone else thinks?

So I set up a photo gallery to offer a nice site to share photos and showcase green lane days out etc. A place where you were not restricted by file sizes and resolutions and where linking to photos was allowed and you did not have dozens of popups and had to watch your kids weren't watching when you went to the pages. Basically a nice service for US!

I pay for the site myself and maintain it for the users benefit. I sell no advertising and the site is simply there for fun and OUR benefit. I post in a few forums on topics as well as letting people know when new photos and videos are on the site, as do many of the registered members using my site. Many use it to share their photos from laning and other trips and fun etc.

I gain nothing from sharing the photos and videos and achieve no reward from letting the newsgroup know about it. It seems the forums are more than happy with the contribution I make and welcome the site I have set up and many of them use it including forum mods.

I really can't be bothered to argue or protest and even writing this explanation makes me ask why I am bothering. I understand you are all friends in here and I genuinely thought I was offering something that people wanted and enjoyed. I will hang about from time to time but would rather not be the centre of debate and so will not post any links in the future.

Nigel

Reply to
Nodric

Hi Nigel, As you might have seen quite some people overhere like what you do. So, just go on. The ones that are not interested can easily skip you posts. Keep up the good work! Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Nodric uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nigel, I think your site is great, I think your motives are great, I think you need to be a little less sensitive to feedback and don't take it so personally.

I too have a web site for all the same reasons you list.

Nobody wants you to stop posting here. Austin has suggested one approach, another would be a monthly newsletter... just not a post for each 5 or 10 pictures you upload / 1 video, otherwise people will quickly get bored of visiting your site which is a shame given the effort you have put in.

Besides if you weren't up for a challenge you'd have bought a j**p.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Wrong!!! Should be T****a. I guess a J**p will be a big big challenge. Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Toot if you're passing!

Reply to
Richard Brookman