RR 1990, engine miss

I have a 1990 RR with 3.9 EFI petrol. Every now and then at full throttle when going up a incline or overtaking the engine will suddenly cut out completely. It is not a 'miss' on a few cylinders, it is a total no power. This is a momentarily, because as soon as you lift off the throttle all is well. It would appear not to happen at 95% throttle or less. I have changed the 'throttle potentiometer' admittedly it was 2nd hand, but the problem is still there. Curiously, my neighbour has the same problem on his 1991 RR. Whats happening? Thankyou for those who can answer or comment. John

Reply to
Milcom Instrumentation

Milcom Instrumentation uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Check the wires to the coil. Had similar on a 1983 V8.. Connection was poor and so broke under certaincircumstances.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

and the plugs to the temperature sensors new plugs are cheap. Derek Rangies are too big too push

Reply to
Derek

Also....check fuel filter is not clogged.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Mine is a 1990 3.9EFI auto and does exactly the same!! Back off slightly and it restarts, hair raising when joining motorways. It is not a misfire, cuts out completely. However, if I stomp it right to the floor hard, it will pull all the way to the rev limit!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Coombs