LT77 input shaft

Hi All,

Can an input shaft from a LT77 be replaced without splitting the casing. Want to replace a long Disco I shaft for short 90" shaft number of teeth is identical.

Thanks,

Jerry

Reply to
Cobra1736

Yes, take the front cover off, 6 bolts I think. Easier with the box standing on its tail, if possible. Shaft comes out with front cover, not sure if bellhousing has to be removed first, long time since I rebuilt one. You'll probably need to re-shim the front bearings (good idea anyway, layshaft bearing wear is usually the first thing to correct on these boxes) the manual will show you how. Badger.

Reply to
Badger