mp3 in-car thingy

Just thought I'd let folks know that maplin have on special offer an in-car cd player that'll read mp3 cd's. I'd have one myself if I had the money right now.
it's 59.99, order code L41AW at www.maplin.co.uk
Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)
www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk
I can plug my mp3/cd player into the radio and it works well enough, better than tapes anyway.
--
Larry
Series 3 rust and holes

I've had the Sony version for a few years now and can highly commend the concept of 10+ hours of music on one CD-R. Far, far better than the old hard drive type I first had (only cos it ran under linux, obviously).
--
Some Land Roveresque (101 biased), links available
from: http://links.solis.co.uk/Geek/X4_Land_Rover /
Mother wrote:

Which Sony one Martyn ?
Steve
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:56:50 +0100, Steve Taylor

I was hoping nobody would ask, as it'll entail a walk out to Grumble to check...
[PAUSE]
Kin eck, it's cold out there...
It's a CDX-MP30
--
Some Land Roveresque (101 biased), links available
from: http://links.solis.co.uk/Geek/X4_Land_Rover /

You could also treat youreslf to an Ipod. I've got the 20Gig one and use an adaptor to connect it to the stereo. So far it's got about a day and a half worth of music on it and it's less than a tenth full.
If you do get one you'll need to get a Firewire card if you don't already have one. Either that or pay extra for a USB docking station. Firewire is blindingly quick too.
--
simon at sbarr dot demon dot co dot uk
Simon Barr.

I bought one on eby just before heading off to iceland this summer - 70 quid including the postage
Was a tad sceptical it would hold up but it was brill - even on corregated pistes it didn't jump. And it came with a remote so I could lie in bed and switch the stereo on and off - bliss
So instead of a big box of tapes rattling around the truck I took just a small cd wallet with 8 cd's in it
So i would highly recommend this technology although I don't know this unit specifically
Rich
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:29:58 +0100, Mr.Nice.

Has anybody bought one of these?. Are they any good?

For 60 quid... ???
Worth it just to see really. I paid over 500 quid for my first linux MP3 jukebox header unit jobbie (including shipping from the States).
--
Some Land Roveresque (101 biased), links available
from: http://links.solis.co.uk/Geek/X4_Land_Rover /

They might be really frustrating to use, and jump all the time or not play half the CDs you give em, thought i'd check first. Tis tempting anyway. Wonder how water resistant they are (to go in my 2A) :)
Ive just built meself an in-car pc, but havent fitted it yet as i need to make some long cables up.. Might stick it in the 101 for next summer, and see how long the HD hold up!
Tom Woods wrote:

I've just done that in a neat little ammo box, that I use when I am travelling - its a kin lot cheaper than a laptop, and I can upgrade it any time I like with mini-ITX technology. It even has water proof connectors for the USB and ethernet ports !
Got some very funny looks from Egyptian airport security leaving Cairo though...
Steve
Are all these music systems for when you are parked up cos i can't hear sod all when driving along in my series 3.
Adrian Ford