mp3 in-car thingy

I can plug my mp3/cd player into the radio and it works well enough, better than tapes anyway.

Reply to
Larry

Just thought I'd let folks know that maplin have on special offer an in-car cd player that'll read mp3 cd's. I'd have one myself if I had the money right now. it's £59.99, order code L41AW at

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Which Sony one Martyn ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I've had the Sony version for a few years now and can highly commend the concept of 10+ hours of music on one CD-R. Far, far better than the old hard drive type I first had (only cos it ran under linux, obviously).

Reply to
Mother

I was hoping nobody would ask, as it'll entail a walk out to Grumble to check...

[PAUSE]

Kin eck, it's cold out there...

It's a CDX-MP30

Reply to
Mother

Has anybody bought one of these?. Are they any good?

Reply to
Tom Woods

For 60 quid... ???

Worth it just to see really. I paid over 500 quid for my first linux MP3 jukebox header unit jobbie (including shipping from the States).

Reply to
Mother

They might be really frustrating to use, and jump all the time or not play half the CDs you give em, thought i'd check first. Tis tempting anyway. Wonder how water resistant they are (to go in my 2A) :)

Ive just built meself an in-car pc, but havent fitted it yet as i need to make some long cables up.. Might stick it in the 101 for next summer, and see how long the HD hold up!

Reply to
Tom Woods

You could also treat youreslf to an Ipod. I've got the 20Gig one and use an adaptor to connect it to the stereo. So far it's got about a day and a half worth of music on it and it's less than a tenth full.

If you do get one you'll need to get a Firewire card if you don't already have one. Either that or pay extra for a USB docking station. Firewire is blindingly quick too.

Reply to
Simon Barr

I've just done that in a neat little ammo box, that I use when I am travelling - its a kin lot cheaper than a laptop, and I can upgrade it any time I like with mini-ITX technology. It even has water proof connectors for the USB and ethernet ports !

Got some very funny looks from Egyptian airport security leaving Cairo though...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I bought one on eby just before heading off to iceland this summer - 70 quid including the postage

Was a tad sceptical it would hold up but it was brill - even on corregated pistes it didn't jump. And it came with a remote so I could lie in bed and switch the stereo on and off - bliss

So instead of a big box of tapes rattling around the truck I took just a small cd wallet with 8 cd's in it

So i would highly recommend this technology although I don't know this unit specifically

Rich

Reply to
Rich Clafton

Reply to