Looking to Install CD/MP3 player in my 2000 Accord - Need Advice

Hello,

I'd like to replace the factory AM/FM/Cassette player in my 2000 Accord with an MP3/CD player. From reading some previous posts I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about any Honda CD/radio codes because it only has an AM/FM/cassette player. The problem I have is finding a replacement for the factory AM/FM/cassette face plate it now has. I want the new MP3 player to look as if it was factory installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA, Jack C.

Reply to
Homer S.

When you say "factory installed", what do you exactly mean ? I replaced mine (97 Accord) with an 80 dollar unit. You have to buy some kind of adapter plate and once installed, it looks factory installed. Mine has a removable silver face plate, while the original had a black face plate. The adapter plate also has the "hole" underneath the radio, and is such that four CD can sit in it. Since I have the MP3 capable one, all my music is on those four CD's.

HTH

Reply to
Eye Indo

If you change the whole unit trather than just adding an aux input for an iPod, be sure to use a wiring harness adapter (don't butcher your wiring in other words)

'Curly'

--

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'