New shoes dont fit quite right !!!!

Just fitted four BFG AT 245/75/16's to the V8i (96 ES) Disco, they look bloody great, but are rubbing on full lock

How do you adjust the lock stops?

Please pretend that I don't know what the hell I'm looking at or doing if you reply :-)

Or is it best to get it done by someone who has a modecome of competence?

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

Assuming it's the same as my 110's there is a bolt head on the outer-front of the axle, should be easy to spot where the hub has pushed against it. take big-ass spanner and adjust until the hub hits the bolt before the tyre hits anything.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:50:55 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

that's about it. It's on the front of the swivel housing and has a locknut on the other end, in a place which is almost impossible to get a spanner to.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:46:05 +0100, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

Just put 4 x 235/70R16 Avon Rangers AT on mine. will see what they wear like - the Pirellis they're replacing had about 16K miles on 'em, and maybe had another 500 left, if that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Crikey. Have you been doing burn outs with the Kevs?

Said it before, I'll say it again. BFG Long Trails. I'll bet Martyn still has them on there - they were fitted at 91K miles and I handed it over with 130+ and the tyres were still there and only just starting to look slightly thin.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:27:07 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

soft rubber. and 10 miles a day on rather unforgiving stony track, I expect. but mainly soft rubber.

It had BFG ATs on it, when I had it - didn't take to them much on wet tarmac, though in fact there were issues with various steering joints and the like which didn't help the handling either. However, they're now on Mother's TDi, which they suit very well, in fact.

The long trail might be a bit "road" for me, too - same was true of the Pirellis, mind.

I've seen a big jap 4x4 truck with goodrich MT on the back and long trail on the front - I guess it's part-time 4x4 - probably makes sense on such a thing, at that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

DAve

they look