North East Man finally given approval to own LR by wife...

...however, there is a catch, it has to be v.v.v.v. cheap like. I am after a vehicle to launch a boat on the beach basically a S11A S111 would be great. It is to be kept off road and only used off-road and so at the base level an almost knackered old rolling chassis will do. If anyone out there, preferably not too far away from Alnwick, has a beaten up old rust bucket that has a bit of life left in it and is feeling very generous please get in touch.

If there is anyone very close then future trips out in a RIB fishing etc can be negotiated into the bargain.

Yours very beggingly

John Owner of...nothing yet

Reply to
John Neal

vehicle to launch a boat on the beach basically a S11A S111 would be great. It is to be kept off road and only used off-road and so at the base level an almost knackered old rolling chassis will do. If anyone out there, preferably not too far away from Alnwick, has a beaten up old rust bucket that has a bit of life left in it and is feeling very generous please get in touch.

be negotiated into the bargain.

He he........ a future Defender owner in the offing.......Landroveritis setting in........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , John Neal writes

You may find that you might have to re-negotiate due to the fact that an "old rust bucket" can workout more expensive than a slightly better one.

Good luck with your search.

Reply to
Marc Draper

During stardate Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:30:48 +0100, "John Neal" uttered the imortal words:

vehicle to launch a boat on the beach basically a S11A S111 would be great. It is to be kept off road and only used off-road and so at the base level an almost knackered old rolling chassis will do. If anyone out there, preferably not too far away from Alnwick, has a beaten up old rust bucket that has a bit of life left in it and is feeling very generous please get in touch.

negotiated into the bargain.

Get an old fergie tractor or similar.

£500 and rust shouldn't be an issue.

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

If your farmers are anything like our farmers there will be any number of decaying Landies scattered about. The problem will how to shift it if you haven't got access to a suitable trailer and towing vehicle, ask the farmer and bung him an extra =A350 to transport it a reasonable =

distance. Oh it might not be a runner either but you only *need* the engine and transmission to work... B-)

As this is for RIB launching it's going to get wet and sea water wet. I think the powered rolling chassis idea is the best one. Ali and sea water don't make a happy union... At least you can properly wash down a chassis after a dunk.

But yes, Landroveritis, one of those nasty diseases that once caught you are stuck with for life. I've only had a Landy 10 months, it's cost me a days work due to the gear box going phut, been on the back of recovery truck 3 times, presented a =A31200 first (under my ownership) service/repair bill but I still like it as a motor and TBH wouldn't really want anything else now. It got very close when the gearbox went phut, glad that was replaced under warranty. I've certainly had my monies worth out of Land Rover Assistance. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:09:20 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

vehicle to launch a boat on the beach basically a S11A S111 would be great. It is to be kept off road and only used off-road and so at the base level an almost knackered old rolling chassis will do. If anyone out there, preferably not too far away from Alnwick, has a beaten up old rust bucket that has a bit of life left in it and is feeling very generous please get in touch.

be negotiated into the bargain.

bloody fergies are like gold dust and similarly priced in decent nick. And a shagged one ain't gonna be much use.

I'd be aiming at a 60s or 70s tractor, meself - MF135, Ford 2000, Ford 3000, that sort of thing. They're apt to be cheaper - the restoration nutters are not so keen on 'em yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

During stardate Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:49:04 +0100, Austin Shackles uttered the imortal words:

:0)

You just made my day, I've got one tucked away at Mum and Dads, Paid £500 for it in 1999. TEF 20 1954, 4 cylinder diesel with a drop hitch hook at the back which makes it one of the lesser spotted variety I'm told......

I've yet to pull it to bits and make it into a camper though ;0)

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Is there any particular reason why you bought yerself a 'ratter? (not that theres anything wrong with buying mechanised toys ;), but its even more impractical than a 101!)

Now that'll be an interesting conversion! ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

During stardate Wed, 05 Oct 2005 19:43:15 +0100, Tom Woods uttered the imortal words:

One too many steam rallies I think. I had a vision of working it on my Mum and Dads smallholding, cutting grass , Bailing hay and popping down to the vilage store to buy a newspaper on a Sunday ;0) I actually bought it as yet another toy to renovate. Needs a degrease and a respray :0) I'm actually looking forward to turning up at work on it one day... now that should put the fear of god up 'em, "What do we let him do again...?"

Well the PTO can drive the water pump for the sink and.......

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

If there is anyone very close then future trips out in a RIB fishing etc can be negotiated into the bargain.

Yours very beggingly

John Owner of...nothing yet

You may find that an older Rangie or Disco might be better value - the series models seem to hold their price very well. Wife might be better pleased too. Don't forget ebay ! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Cheers Guys,

Reply to
John Neal

During stardate Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:53:38 +0100, "John Neal" uttered the imortal words:

Do a trawl of Ebay for "Landrover" then "Land Rover". There was a IIa on big tyres for a few quid last night.

Lee D

--

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

gentle drive down A1 on Bank Holiday Mondays.....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs