Odd one....

Anyone help me with this :-

Serpentine belt - squeals on application of steering. Rev counter drops almost to 0 when wading through Salisbury mud . Is this normal? I'm sure the 3.9 didn't suffer from this, but then.....

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Sounds like what is happning to my motor, I have to drive up a quite deep stream thing everyday and it happens at particular points. It shows itself by kinda squeeling then the revs drop to 0 and the light comes on the dash. It clears after a few secs of gentle reving. The problem I am sure is the alternator belt, the revs are taken from the alternator I believe, I think the water causes belt slippage maybe? Either way good luck

Reply to
Frederic Enaj

Yup, sounds like it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yup, normal in my experience!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Ta ;)

There is some footage on my website of what we did.....maybe it does explain it :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Is the alternator seizing up with too much mud in it? The squealing would be the belt rubbing on the stationary alternator pulley.

Just a suggestion.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

It's a new alternator....I hope it's not stuffed already!

Neil

I'm

Is the alternator seizing up with too much mud in it? The squealing would be the belt rubbing on the stationary alternator pulley.

Just a suggestion.

Regards Steve G

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

I'm

Try replacing alternator belt with a Gaites power grip belt. We use this for all our vehicles over the past 10 yrs or so and not had any problems with belt squeal. Sshould be available from most motor factors.

Reply to
marsupilami