Off road .. brilliant! (long)

I can't help it ;-(

.what do you want a tractor for?

Pulling 4x4's out of the mud .. ;-)

Not as much fun as in a

Possibly not .. ;-)

Think of all the fun you'll have shopping for all your off road

Ah, now you are talking .. !

.even better a winch.

I'll make do with my Tirfor 'Jockey' for the moment .. I need the exercise ..

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

On or around 28 Sep 2004 09:15:43 GMT, Simon Barr enlightened us thusly:

aye, there was a thread about it, I think. I'll put up a small webpage about it when ICBA.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:22:47 +0100, Nikki Cluley enlightened us thusly:

I quite fancy one of those JCB Fastracs though, fit a pickup body to the back, instant monster truck. Like to see the buggers wheelclamp that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll try and get some photos of the place you need to go then Austin - the local machinery transport company has about 400 ickle tractors lined up outside - there must be one that would suit you there.

Reply to
EMB

I remember the begining where you said you wanted to fit the seats, just couldn't remember the outcome.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Hi Tim,

Have you "still" not got that BMW back on the road then? It must be over a year now! You must be a very busy man ;O)

Hope you find the Landy you want.

Neil

Neil

Hi Neil!, good to hear from you ;-)

Em Nope . However, I have done up an old Honda CB 'Two Fifty' as a runabout since .. ;-)

It must be

Maybe nearer two ?

You must be a very busy man ;O)

Well, yes and no. I *could* have put it back together by now (I've re-bearinged the gearbox and fitted the new input shaft etc) but we had our annual holiday in the folding caravan rather than motorcycle / camping this (and last) year and that's the main time we really use the bikes (much though the Missus would love to get out on her XV750 she like to go out with me) ... and I'm not gagging to get on the 250 (or any bike for that matter) .. ;-(

Well actually I want yours Neil .. want a BMW R100RT (in boxes) as a straight swap? (go on, you know you want to!) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. The solar panel is still working well and if I got a Landy it would be an ideal use for the 12V genny ... ;-)

Reply to
T i m

Been investigating this very subject myself. My Daughter is just 17 and as it happens we have a nice SIII SWB Diesel ready for use, but only used occasionally.

It's counted as group 1 for insurance by most insurance companies (the lowest) and so you'd think it would be cheap - it is for me - second car so no NCD it costs me ?111 fully comp *including* breakdown cover!

But regardless of who I ring, I can't get cover on it for my daughter (provisional license) for less than a grand (third party). The advice is get her a cheap old hatchback (nova/fiesta) under 1000cc and pay about 650 to 750. It seems that the companies that insure kiddies cheap don't understand Land Rovers, they just want to cover the simple eurobox hatchbacks :-(

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Crikey! I will also depend on the loading of the area .. inner city V country etc?

How much lower would it be if your daughter had passed her test I wonder?

The advice

One assumes they just look at the age for the risk, rather than mixing that with the vehicle and a drop of realism ..?

I was going to mention they should include a maturity and attitude module in the test .. if it was done retrospectivly the roads would be a lot quieter / safer (infact it wouldn't, because a lot of 'those' folk don't bother with licences in the first place ..)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

That will make a difference - our postcode is one of the lowest for car insurance in the country.

Not much at all - Under 21's are seen as a terribly bad risk.

There certainly doesn't seem to be much realism in it.

Too true sadly.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Nearly two years eh? Good grief! Is it really that long ago?

I figured the folding 'van was your current preferred holiday accommodation, from the other NG.

HaHa....sorry, "Brec"'s not on the market! Not even for a BMW R100RT, I like it just too much.

Glad the solar panel continues to do it's stuff. And there have been a few times I wished I hadn't parted with that little genny.

Ah well, there you go. And if you are patient, the right Landy will turn up. When I was looking for my first 90, I was searching all over, and checking out all the magazines. In the end though, I found just what I was looking for not a quarter mile away, and at the right price too!

Good luck Tim,

Neil

Neil