oil pressure sender

Judging by the fact that a current can be detected running to the oil sender when the ignition is on, I guess it is the sender and not the bulb that is knackered.

Question is, does the sender usually have a take off point for oil pressure meters, or is this a replacement sender that came with the pressure guage that fitted ?

And what usually causes the sender to fail ? if I just take it out and soak it in white spirit, might that be all it needs ?

Reply to
Larry

On or around Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:59:56 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

not worth it. Normally, the sender is a simple switch. If you have a take-off for a gauge, then it's probably a separate T-piece, which are often supplied with gauges so you can still keep the warning light.

Reply to
Austin Shackles