On-board dash clock

Hello,

The light behind the clock doesn't work. Is this a simple thing to fix or is it a trip to an auto electrician or worse still, Landrover....??? I would hate to think the work-around is to replace the entire clock as I daresay that would be an expensive exercise.

Same problem with the cigarette (or should I say cigar...!!!???) lighter......it doesn't work at all. I don't use it for lighting-up....only for the mobile phone.

All fuses are fine.

Many thanks in advance for any available advice.

Ric Norris. Brisbane. Australia.

Discovery Series II TD5

Ric Norris

On or around Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:24:04 GMT, "Ric Norris" enlightened us thusly:

if it's like the earlier clocks, then the clock pulls out and there's a little bulbholder in the back.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I used two small screwdrivers to ease the clock out, there are little tabs that hold it in. Two credit cards should work as well. Richard

Reply to
Richard

We always have a couple of Credit Cards handy in the Landy don't we? Good for nothing else when they're maxed out! Wolverine

Reply to
Wolverine

you need two credit cards when you have to go to main dealer to get a new clock and the trim youve broken !!! Richard

Reply to
Richard

so Richard was, like...

Memo to self: repair dash clock before going to LRO show, then no excuse to carry credit cards.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yes, a little bulb behind it, you can prise the clock out and take the bulb down to your local halfords and it'll cost you about 1.99. Can't remember the bulb model sadly, but they do sell them.

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

They have Halfords in Oz?

Reply to
Richard

Whoops :) Hrm, dunno then!

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Nope....sounds like a good name for a beer though....!!!! A "pint of Halfords please" has a certain flavour to it....!!!

I will attack the clock today, although a couple of posts don't instill a great deal of confidence....!!! Nothing like a challenge particularly when credit cards are involved.

Cheers.

Ric Norris. Brisbane. Australia.

Ric Norris

On or around Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:10:06 GMT, Alex Threlfall enlightened us thusly:

or Oz equivalent...

make which kind of bulb holder - some have captive bulbs, some don't. In the former case, you get the bulb and holder. Why, I have no idea.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ric

Assuming that the clock is the same as the one on the Freelander you'll be able to find the bulb at Super Cheap Auto. I'd tell you which kind it is exactly but I can't find my credit card to remove the clock housing :) When I bought mine a year ago it cost about $3.

That said, the one that they sell has a small metal casing around the base, which you'll have to remove *carefully*. I went through two of the things because I wasn't careful.

ck

Reply to
Charles Kooij