One For Aunties Antis

Staffordshire Search & Rescue team of which I am a member has just received a commendation from the Chief Officer of West Midlands Ambulance Service for their work earlier this year in keeping the ambulance service operational in Staffordshire during the inclement weather, either by transporting paramedics or rescuing ambulances.

Volunteers in the 4x4 section use their own vehicles (mostly LRs) to provide this back up at any item of the day or night.

Now, how many antis will actually refuse life or death medical assistance if the paramedic turns up in a 4 litre 90 V8?

Reply to
hugh

Hugh,

Congratulations to you and all other members and supporters of the Staffordshire Search & Rescue team and keep up the good work.

Regards

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2

On or around Thu, 7 May 2009 00:13:22 +0100, hugh enlightened us thusly:

no, but apoplexy might make their condition worse :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

LOL

Reply to
cyberwraith

Northants 4x4 Response team (of which I am a member :) ) also got a thank you in the paper for keeping Kettering and Northampton General open during the Snow in Feb.

We did over 2000 miles between us in 2 days and kept the ITU and Maternity wards fully staffed.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

in the paper for

wards fully staffed. Mark,

Congratulations, must have been a few grateful Mums not to mention Dads. regards

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2

We find local radio is also good for promotion and recruitment

Well done Mark. Great to hear there are others involved. I tried to look at your website but all I got was the forum. We're at

Is the national 4x4 response thing still going? We registered with them originally but haven't heard anything for years. Our main activity is now helping the police with missing person searches and so we are also members of ALSAR - Association of Lowland Search & Rescue

The team now has 3 Land rovers - 1967 2a 109 safari as control vehicle (10k on the clock genuine), LHD 300TDi 110 CSW as general equipment and troop carrier (Supplied by Air Ground Services), TD5 110 converted to ambulance.

We've also recently been donated a DISCO1 but reserve judgement on that until we've had a closer look at it.

We're hoping to replace the 109 shortly with a 4x4 van and offer it for sale.

Austen, what happened to your Transit on a 110 chassis project?

Reply to
hugh

Yes, it still going strong.

Mark Solesbury