OT: But it's still a Rover of some description

I'm about to have to replace all the pads and discs on my Rover 75 due to the discs being at the wear limits.

I've always had this feeling that the brakes on it were a little lacking - nothing I could point at, just the fact that they seem a bit sloppy.

So......

Do the same rules of thumb that apply to a disco apply here?

Namely:

1) Fit steel braided flexis in place of the rubber 2) Replace the pads with premium friction material (Mintex or EBC Green) 3) If possible fit drilled, grooved discs

I'm probably looking at going the EBC route - Green Stuff pads are available for this, and EBC show that the uprated discs are actually the standard ones - no Turbogroove for Mr 75.

So, recommendations for a source for braided flexis for this motor?

P.

Half considering a half/half at some point with a R75 body shell mounted on something from Solihulls chassis.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown