OT: GPS Blocking Exercise Cornwall June 2007

On or around Wed, 06 Jun 2007 22:49:20 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

I thought it was half-way between 12 and the sun. in fact, it is... at 6pm the sun should be due west, which makes 12 on the dial east and 3 south. You need to count back down the low side of the dial for it to work: south is at

4 on the dial at 8pm, not at 10.

and yes, for 12 read 1 in daylight savings time. For any real accuracy you need to know your longitude and correct to local time, although most time zones are narrow enough to be reasonable as a guide to going south rather than east or west.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers chaps the watch one is a new one on me, I'll try it on holiday as there aint no sun here ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Quite correct, I keep forgetting that there are 24hrs in a day not 12.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice