OTish - Mutant Machines...

Who needs mechanics, with photoshop I can do anything :)

Reply to
Larry

Got this in my email earlier...

- Calling All Grease Monkeys!

Do you have the ingenuity and skill to take two old machines and turn them into something new? If the answer?s yes and you like a challenge then we want to hear from you NOW for our new television series Mutant Machines.

We? re looking for teams prepared to put their mechanical know-how to the ultimate test. By the way at least one team member must know how to weld and be competent with all the usual workshop power tools. Interested or know somebody who might be? Then send an email to snipped-for-privacy@acptv.com or write to Mutant Machines, ACP TV, Crosshands, Coreley, Shropshire SY8 3AR.

-

I'll only take part if I'm in a team with Lee_D ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Well I'm game.... :-) .... H'mmmm, mentioned It to Mrs D who seemed to think that it would be right up my street too.

Is it like the recent one I've seen on TV where the loosers machine gets supposedly incinerated at the end? I Forget the name of that one.

Any one else up for a roll around in the dirt'n oil?

WE WOULD NEVER GET ON THE SHOW THOUGH ! ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'd be hopeless, but I'll come along and cheerlead.

David French

"Lee_D" wrote in news:GFXob.536$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net:

Would that be "Full Metal Challenge"? FWIW, they had the creations from that show on display at Beaulieu earlier this year -- for info, go to

and follow the link for "Full Metal Challenge Cars".

However, I was thinking more like Discovery Channel's "Thunder Races", where more than one programme had contestants grafting two cars together. The contestant requirements sound similar enough -- but then any contest of that type would require welding and power tools. Take a look at

Geoff Lane

Oh I dunno with all them accessories you should be well handy with the spanners now...Besides theres no monopoly on good ideas.

Oddly I now have a rather disturbing vision on a grease monkey with pom poms now... :o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Don't forget the short skirt!

Reply to
Nikki

Right ...Daves up for Cheer Leading (should be interesting and take everyones attention off my welding).

If you can get Tim to join in as the brains of the operation (save me over engineering everything!) then I'm up for it....I can never remember all the scientific stuff...With me its a case of if it fits it goes on...if it doesn't then hit it with a size 4 lump hammer till it does

We could drag a series out of this seeing as it took 2 years to get Percy back on the road.( Note I avoided the word finished)

:-)

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site

Reply to
Lee_D

You must be desperate....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

That's strange, they were incinerated, yet Beaulieu seems to have ressurected them from the dead. Pity they can't do it with Motorbikes.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I've just got all of the details - email on way to Tim and Lee.

Anyone else interested, let me know. They want teams of 4 people, filming in Midlands quite soon.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

It sounds like fun! I always wanted to go on one of those programs but have never had the organisational skills to get the right number of mates together, and an application form sent off before the deadlines :(

If you all turned up in your 101's it would look impressive and might scare the opposition!

If you get stuck for a 4th member, and need someone who can reach those higher up bits that you can't get to, i'll volunteer :-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'm up for it as a gopher, but my mechanical skills are limited so you'd need to tell me what to do!

Reply to
David French

I'm in a similar position. I did some welding once (and was OK at it) and could probably get myself into some shape with a bit of practice. Mandy seems to be egging me on to do it, so as long as you are going to do it as well, so I'm not the only hopeless case.

The blurb reckons they are keen on getting the under 40's in there, so the first miracle mutation will have to take place in Poggle Wood...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

- are children safe at Land Rover events?=================================================================

A regular member of this newsgroup alerted me to the existence of this message... I therefore rushed from the bar, called my lawyer, who in turn called my dietician and, erm...

I thought they meant 'Stones' not 'Years'...

But c'mon now, I don't "look" my age, do I? (yes, I know I used to...)

Maybe I should try "Just Four Men"... ;-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I can recomend Wash'n Go...saved me a bloody fortune....

Lee 8-D

Reply to
Lee_D

I recommend male pattern baldness. I don't remember the last time I bought a hair-care product...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

It's already 'off topic' so whatever....

I heard someone on 't telly recently mention that he only noticed he was going bald when he realised how long it was taking him to wash his face...

Dunno why I mention that, really... ?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother