P38 blend motors

I have the usual P38 problem of a stuck blend motor. I understand tthe LR will only sell all three but i only have problems with one. RangeRovers.net say that Peugeot use an identical item and will sell them individually, but I am having trouble finding the part number.

Can anyone help?

thanks Ron

Reply to
Ronald Swift

Have you tried Rovacom & had it reset? It worked on mine 100% they get out of kilter.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Bugger! what a swine of a job it looks too!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I've had one of them unstuck but one is broken.

Ronald Swift

RangeRovers.net

Pardon the question, but what is a blend motor ? At a guess I would say it affects fuel mix ?

Reply to
Hirsty's

It's a motorised 'flap' for want of a better word. It controls hot/cold air to the heater vents

Nige

Reply to
Nige

air to the heater vents

Ta

Reply to
Hirsty's

And it's a right snorter of a job. the official way is to remove the entire dash. LR book about 6 hours alone to do this so you can imagine the cost.

There are shortcuts which is what I'll do although I've found on ebay a mobile mechanic who'll change all three for £300 all in. It is tempting but I only need the one so I'll have a go myself. All I need is the Peugeot part number.....

Ron

Reply to
Ronald Swift