P38 LPG Kit

Has anyone got experience of BiGas Sequential Gas Injection systems? I am looking at the P38 kits on flebay & are quite tempted.

How does this make compare to others quality wise? Prices seem comparable to the RPI OVML kit, but that is the older mixer-ring type.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

Bi-Gas isn't the best kit on these engines, I prefer (and regularly install) the OMVL "Dream 21-N" or "Dream 21-Piro". Excellent customer (installer) support from the importers, lots of dealers/installers nationwide and many proven successful conversions around using this system. Be aware that they all need proper setting-up to get the best from them and to avoid any issues with the std petrol ECU "throwing a wobbly" with out-of-limits fuel trim values if not set up correctly. My own vehicles are fitted with these systems (D2 4.0 on 21-N, 4.7ltr 110 on Dream 21-P) and I certainly wouldn't fit them to my own vehicles if I didn't have total faith in them! Another consideration with buying from e-bay is just what you will get in the way of customer support if you have any issues with the install or setting-up. DO NOT fit a mixer ring type of system, it'll NEVER run right on a P38, whether it be Gems or the later Motronic (On the Motronic especially it'll just backfire constantly). FWIW, I can install a Dream 21-N (with a 95ltr filled-torroidal tank in the spare wheel well) for around £1750 all inclusive, but probably no use to you as I'm in the North of Scotland! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Lots more info here:

I ended up tossing a coin between the OMVL and Prins, and went with Prins as I liked the installer, and he was more local than my nearest OMVL. Pretty happy so far.

Couple of hundred quid more expensive than Badger, but also probably nearly 1000 miles (round trip) closer to home!

David

Reply to
rads

In fairness re. differences in cost, I probably pay more for carriage of the component parts but have lower overheads than most as I own the workshop (no lease payments etc) and have no employees to pay. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Need also to factor in pound / (groat/haggis/sheep) or whatever it is you use for currency up there...

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

Not far enough North to worry about the Groat, so strike that one off your list. I've eaten all the haggis, so can't exchange them either. Don't do sheep, I ain't Welsh!! (Sorry, Austin. teehee) Nothing else for it, it'll need to be good old £ notes I'm afraid. :-)

Reply to
Badger

Or Australian.

Though given the current state of the Ashes series, perhaps antagonising the Antipodeans isn't the brightest right now.

Morning Ron!

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

Thanks for the info Badger, I have had a look at

& there's loads of info on there to digest.What I really want to do is fit the system myself & need a supplier ofthe kit. I have emailed the importer, FES as I'm unsure if you can buydirectly from them.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

Thanks for the info Badger, I have had a look at

& there's loads of info on there to digest.What I really want to do is fit the system myself & need a supplier ofthe kit. I have emailed the importer, FES as I'm unsure if you can buydirectly from them.

Don't be surprised if you don't get a reply back! I can vouch for the fact that they are extremely busy almost 99% of the time, having been to their premises some time back. FES' published policy is to only supply suitably qualified installers with their equipment, i.e. if you want to purchase/install an OMVL system then you must have done the OMVL equipment training. Whereabouts are you based, that could play a big part in what I might be able to help you with? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I think you mean the Kiwis (New Zealanders)...

Q. What is the height of optimism? A. An English batsman applying sunscreen.

Regards from Sunny Melbourne

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Hehehehehehehe, like it!

Reply to
Badger

It was nice to see Al Jolson playing though ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

message

And Stevie Wonder bowling too.......

I'll get my coat! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

lol!! OK, I'll come clean- I pinched it. From a UK newspapre too! There's some gems here:

Disclaimer: Delight over the performance of the Australian team does not imply endorsement of the behaviour of S.Warne, on-field or off.

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Wrong, I think you're talking about them that inhabits the Scottish Highlands.

Reply to
EMB