P38a - Internal Dipping Mirror Problem

The car is a 1995 P38a 4.6 HSE Range Rover which has installed, a 'Glare Control' internal dipping mirror. Today, a liquid bubble has appeared what can only be described as trapped between two layers of glass. Has a leak happened within the unit to cause this 'bubble'? I guess a new mirror is called for.

Reply to
BoB-B

That sounds like the symptoms of an LCD screen that's cracked, it sounds like they use the LCD screen in front of the mirror glass to darken it when it senses light from behind.

If so, the LCD won't be repairable itself, I suppose you could have it replaced with a new LCD screen but I'll bet that's more expensive than the mirror itself!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

My advice would be to change it quickly before you get this black stuff everywhere. Richard at Beamends quoted me about £120 for a new one but I couldn't run to that so I got a manual dipping mirror from him instead.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

There is a Land Rover electric mirror on eBay ATM still got 6 days to run:

Donno if that will fit a P38a, having said that these things are pretty much self contained just requiring power and a "reverse engaged" (so that it undims for reversing) may also have a "lights on" feed but that may only be required for the one with a compass to enable the display dimming at night.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice