Range Rover 6x6 project anyone?

Hi people. I just spotted something very interesting, and probably very rare in my local adtrader. Set of rear axles for converting range rover to six wheel drive. Complete drive-through system, propshaft and all. They appear to have been built, probably by that bunch over birmingham way, and never used. I wish I had seen these when my carmichael fire engine threw a crown wheel! Look at

and search for Range Rover 6x6. They probably cost more than my old fire truck was worth though!! Anyway, would make an interesting project. Now that's what I could do with my spare discovery chassis........................ Cheers all. Joe.

Reply to
joelandyman

That's pretty amazing, you posted this on 20/7/7, and the advert you 'spotted' was placed on the 21st! I take it you have also done a tardis conversion.

Funnily enough, the advert was placed by someone from Peterborough, who has been working on a Carmichael fire engine, and by some pretty amazing coincidence, you come from Peterborough, and have also been working on a Carmichael fire engine. Bloody small world.

Reply to
SimonJ