Range Rover LSE question

I've heard that late model LSEs have a "soft" dash, but the only ones I've been in have had the traditional 80s style Range Rover dash we all know and love. What is this "soft" dash, and when was it introduced?

David.

Reply to
David French

Unless they made LSE's with the very last Classic dashboards, the ones that use elements from the 300 series Discovery (switchgear etc)? They made these from March 94 to mid 96 when Classic production stopped?

HTH

Reply to
Llandrovers!

The last couple of years production had the 'soft dash', which is quite similar to the Discovery one. The steering wheel has a padded centre and the plastics are generally much nicer.

It makes a big difference to the feel of the car - a mate has a (very interesting supercharged) G-reg Range Rover which feels absolutely ancient because of the outdated dash. That said, it is over 20 years old!

I think the soft dash was introduced about L-reg. As the LSE was only a fairly late model I think a good proportion are 'soft dash'.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Like I said, '94 - '96!

I've got the book somewhere....

Reply to
Llandrovers!

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 00:43:53 +0100, Llandrovers! made me spill my meths by writing:

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Does anybody have any photos? Tx.

Reply to
David French

David Willerton

Marvellous. I could get used to that. Now I just have to talk the wife round.

Reply to
David French