range rover cruise control

Hello I am working my way through the electrical manual trying to repair my cruise control. Have found the white cruise cassette tape under the steering wheel broken. Have replaced it with a new one but it squeaks. The plastic teeth inside the casette rub against each other, the old one did not squeak so has anyone any ideas.

Thanks Smokeyone

Reply to
mailstarclipper