Re: Construction and Use regulations

"Bob Miller" wrote

>Does anybody have a copy of "The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use)? > Call me tight, but that's why I'm trying to track down somebody with a copy > (local libraries having let me down)!

I found the same problem at my local library.

We have to comply with them, but can't read them, to know what we need to comply with!

I'm building a camper on a 130 and want to ensure that I comply.

Reg.

Reply to
Reg

The local library has now offered to do a search for me for the princely sum of £1.50. Apparrently they try the Berkshire libraries, then the South of England, then the British Lending Library, presumably followed by the Vatican Library and the Library of Congress - does God have a library? I'll probably take them up on it as I also want to research seat belt mounts for he bench seats.

Reply to
Bob Miller

On or around Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:47:43 +0100, "Bob Miller" enlightened us thusly:

did I mention that chap Mark Hughes?

- noconnection BTW.

's not complete, but it covers much of the ground - I emailed him about a missing bit, and he rightly pointed out that you can't fit all the legislation on a single CD... but it is a hellovalot cheaper than any other source.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If the British Library do not have a copy, I believe HMSO are in breach of the Copyright Acts. There's a company in London which acts as agents for the copyright libraries, which means they should get sent _six_ copies of everything published.

More realistically, my experience of the UK's Public Library system is that they can find the most wonderfully obscure stuff, but you may have to go to the library to read it.

Reply to
David G. Bell

It must be as rare as the almost mythical Lambretta tuning and performance manual then, as neither the British Library nor the Library of Congress have copies.

Reply to
Larry