Blue oil

I have just been servicing a 1991 RR 3.9 efi I bought a couple of weeks ago. The axles were filled with blue oil! Anyone any idea what this stuff could be? Thanks Terry

Reply to
Terry Lyne

I've no direct experience of it but I've heard it is normally used in tractors and other hard-working vehicles due to its self-sealing properties.

Reply to
PDannyD

PDannyD wrote in news:pan.2004.03.07.22.01.01.895618.6581 @nospamplease.scenicplace.freeserve.co.uk:

Thanks for the quick reply, I will ask my nieghbour who works for an agricultural engineer. I did not think it was natural - a land rover that did not drop oil :-)

Reply to
Terry Lyne