Re: How do you Remove the Cast Iron Tab on the Intermediate Gear

Right !!

> > I have just given myself a black eye trying to do this, so humor > level is way below zero @ current. > > To remove the Intermediate gear in the transfer box, firstly remove > nut and tab on the outside and that cast iron pin should be able to > be levered out ?? > > Wrong......... Nut and Tab removed and after 3 days of soaking it in > Metal Lub soloutions and gently levering it with 2 hammers, the > bloody thing has just broken !!, All I wanted to do was replace the > final seal between the 2 boxes as I have managed to do all the others. > > So besides belting the C**p out of it..How can i get it out of its > little Hole ??? > > Many thanks > > Iggy

Lookin' at the book of pictures it says place a piece of wire around cluster and using assistance lift out of case ;(

However I guess you would also need to make sure t/box is in neutral to allow the gears to rotate. We can assume you took the shaft out too can't we?

Reply to
Adrian England

Gearbox sitting on porch @ current. Lifting the actually gear out no worries, it the tab that holds the shaft in is which i cannot remove.

Helpful little person said @ the weekend, just lever the tab off the back of the case, slide the shaft out and life out gear ......... simple.

Its that little tab which has caused the pain so far.

Reply to
Igundwane